Configuration – Using User Interface Text
User Interface Text is a tool provided with Oracle Fusion Applications which can be used to replace any words/sentences across the application. For example, you want to rename Worker to Employee, then you can make use of this tool.
To make use of this tool, you have to first create a sandbox and then add User Interface Text tool in it. Then test your changes in sandbox mode. Once you are satisfied, you can publish your changes.
- Navigate to User Name -> Settings and Actions -> Administration -> Edit Pages
- Click on Activate Sandbox:
- Click on ‘Create Sandbox’. Give a name and choose ‘User Interface Text’ tool:
- Click on ‘Create and Enter’ button.
- Click on User Interface Text:
- In the Find text box give the string you want to search and in Replace text box give the text which you want to display and click on Search button:
- The result will show all the places where it finds the string:
- Check the other tabs as well for results to see the texts which will be replaced:
- Click on ‘Replace Strings’ button if you want to proceed ahead with the changes or click on ‘New Search’ to start a new search:
Please note that initial search button will not get enabled unless you supply both (search and replace) values.